Work rotating overnight and weekend shifts to provide full emergency coverage in support of and in conjunction with the ambulatory/field services team.
Ambulatory veterinary vehicle provided to include appropriate stock and diagnostic equipment.
Located in the “Horse Capital of the World” with a high density of Thoroughbred and Standardbred breeding farms as well as a variety of Sport Horse Farms (to include: Saddlebred, eventing, hunter/jumper, and dressage.)
Central Kentucky offers plenty of retail, dining, distillery/brewery, and outdoor activities appealing to a variety of interests.
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans are available at an affordable, group-rate cost.
Additional benefits include: CE stipends, 401K, and paid time off.
Provide general veterinary services, specifically emergency medical services in the field.
Clinical condition include but are not limited to:
- Gastrointestinal conditions of adults and foals (colic, enteritis, colitis);
- Neurologic conditions (trauma, infectious causes:
- Reproductive conditions (dystocia resolutions, hemorrhage, retained placenta, uterine trauma or infection);
- Neonatal conditions (neonatal maladjustment syndrome, sepsis, congenital limb deformities); Orthopedic conditions of foals and adults (bone of soft tissue trauma, infection)
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Provide digital radiography, endoscopy, and analysis.
- Perform ultrasound procedures.
- Maintain accurate patient charts, document observations, and properly interpret, veterinary instructions.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Doctorate of veterinary medicine degree and veterinary license and accreditation to practice in the state of Kentucky is required.
- Two years experience as a veterinarian with expertise in ambulatory/field care and emergency services.
- Positive attitude with an interest in building this new service within a well-established practice.
- Willingness and ability to work as a part of a team.
- A valid driver’s license.
Hagyard Equine Medical Institute, Lexington Kentucky
Please send CV [email protected]