The KAEP is now offering a Veterinary Jobs Posting Board on our website!
We want to help you find the associate your practice has been looking for!
Equine Veterinarian for Emergency Field Services
Work rotating overnight and weekend shifts to provide full emergency coverage in support of and in conjunction with the ambulatory/field services team.
Ambulatory veterinary vehicle provided to include appropriate stock and diagnostic equipment.
Located in the “Horse Capital of the World” with a high density of Thoroughbred and Standardbred breeding farms as well as a variety of Sport Horse Farms (to include: Saddlebred, eventing, hunter/jumper, and dressage.)
Central Kentucky offers plenty of retail, dining, distillery/brewery, and outdoor activities appealing to a variety of interests.
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans are available at an affordable, group-rate cost.
Additional benefits include: CE stipends, 401K, and paid time off.
Provide general veterinary services, specifically emergency medical services in the field.
Clinical condition include but are not limited to:
- Gastrointestinal conditions of adults and foals (colic, enteritis, colitis);
- Neurologic conditions (trauma, infectious causes:
- Reproductive conditions (dystocia resolutions, hemorrhage, retained placenta, uterine trauma or infection);
- Neonatal conditions (neonatal maladjustment syndrome, sepsis, congenital limb deformities); Orthopedic conditions of foals and adults (bone of soft tissue trauma, infection)
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Provide digital radiography, endoscopy, and analysis.
- Perform ultrasound procedures.
- Maintain accurate patient charts, document observations, and properly interpret, veterinary instructions.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Doctorate of veterinary medicine degree and veterinary license and accreditation to practice in the state of Kentucky is required.
- Two years experience as a veterinarian with expertise in ambulatory/field care and emergency services.
- Positive attitude with an interest in building this new service within a well-established practice.
- Willingness and ability to work as a part of a team.
- A valid driver’s license.
Hagyard Equine Medical Institute, Lexington Kentucky
Please send CV [email protected]