Please mark your calendar for the next KAEP membership meeting, which will be held in conjunction with the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers’ Club.
“Racehorse Welfare and Safety”
MONDAY, October 30th at Copper Roux
Doors open at 6 PM
RSVP DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27 @ 5 PM Click here to register.
A panel of experienced professionals from multiple facets of the industry will be asked to comment based on each of their areas of expertise and unique points of view. The panelists with scientific, regulatory, racehorse specific veterinary, and training perspectives will answer pre-submitted questions introduced by a moderator. Time permitting, another moderator will also field questions from attendees.
- Laura Kennedy DVM, University of Kentucky Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
- Allen Page DVM, Gluck Equine Research Center
- Stuart Brown DVM, Vice President of Equine Safety at Keeneland Association
- Foster Northrop DVM, owner of Northrop Equine
- Bob Hunt DVM, MS, DACVS surgeon at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute
Trainers from Kentucky-based tracks:
- Michelle Lovell, Thoroughbred owner and trainer at Churchill Downs
- Ben Colebrook, Thoroughbred owner and trainer at Churchill Downs
Have questions you would like to ensure are addressed? Email [email protected]
- Space is limited, early registrations are encouraged
- RSVPs must be in by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 27, 2023 – this is a hard deadline since the meeting is on Monday
- Everyone must register and pay online
- Extra seating is no longer reserved for walk-ins
- Failure to cancel before the deadline will result in a non-refundable payment
- Please list the names of all attendees when making reservations
We look forward to seeing you!
Sarah E. Coleman
KAEP Executive Secretary
Kentucky Association of Equine Practitioners
P.O. Box 12583
Lexington, KY 40583
Website: www.kaep.info Join/Pay Membership Dues Online!
Email: [email protected]
Cell: 330 518 9001