PLEASE SAVE THE DATE!
EVERY HORSE NEEDS A HELPER:
KAEP’S FALL SOCIAL BENEFITING
THE KENTUCKY EQUINE HUMANE CENTER
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH, 2016
6:00PM – 9:00PM
COCKTAILS & APPETIZERS
$25.00 – KAEP MEMBER
$35.00 – NON-MEMBER
ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE
KENTUCKY EQUINE HUMANE CENTER!
Please join us for a night of mingling and fun to benefit a great organization that does as much for horses
in Kentucky as all of you great veterinarians do!
PLEASE RSVP TO: [email protected]
BY OCTOBER 7th, 2016!
KAEP April 20th, 2016 Board Meeting Highlights
1. KAEP supports the SOAR Project and UK’s efforts by Dr. Jamie Macleod to being veterinary services and practice awareness to the Eastern KY areas. Dr David Fugate is a liaison in the area as well.
2. KAEP Survey Results have been taken into account, and members want more from their membership such as more meetings or wet labs, more updates online/social media, and more support. A Membership Committee (Bonnie Barr, Roger Magnusson, Andy Roberts, Laura Kennedy and Andrea Callanan) was formed to headline this effort as well as help plan a new and improved Yearly Social to boost membership satisfaction and participation. KAEP appreciates all the members that took the time to complete the survey either online or at the annual meeting.
3. Education Committee presented by Dr. Bonnie Barr: VetPD wants KAEP’s support and membership in their CE program.
4. Infectious Disease Committee: Dr. Bob Stout spoke of recent EHV-1 outbreaks and his concerns, as well as passing along helpful EDCC links concerning the virus and its mechanism. Links: www.kyagr.
5. KAEP will be opening nominations for a new board member to Membership to fill the vacancy left by Ali Lovins, DVM who left this past year.
Please join us on Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 for our Annual KAEP Dinner Meeting to discuss:
bActivate: Diagnosing Dormant beta-Streptococcal Endometritis presented by Dr. Kristina Lu, VMD, DACT and
Equine Leptospirosis, The Risk presented by Jodi Findley, Zoetis.
1.5 CE Hour available.
6:00pm Cash Bar, 7:00pm Dinner and Discussion
The Red Mile Clubhouse
1200 Red Mile Road, Lexington, KY 40504
$10.00 for Current Members, $30.00 for Guests (Cash, Check or Credit Card)
Please RSVP via email by Friday, January 22nd, 2015 to
Andrea Callanan at [email protected]
*2016 KAEP Membership Dues can be paid during the Annual Dinner Meeting*
KAEP proudly thanks our Sponsors!
Pay Dues Online
We’ve added the ability to pay dues online! To get started follow the link above for details.